STCT is made up of a range of likeminded organisations and community groups committed to help promote community safety and support community action on injury prevention in Tairāwhiti. STCT provides opportunities for organisations and community groups to align their strategic outcomes to our goals, aims, and objectives.
- To make our community safe (Prevention)
- To build a culture where people of Tairāwhiti think safe and act safe (Promote)
- To work with other likeminded groups to achieve a safe Tairāwhiti (Collaborate)
- To involve whānau, marae, and hapu/communities to achieve a safe Tairāwhiti (Involve)
To achieve a safe Tairāwhiti, STCT aim to work towards reducing:
- The amount of crime and criminal behaviour across the Tairāwhiti region
- The number of accidental and intention injuries and fatalities in Tairāwhiti, and
- The number of alcohol and drug related illnesses, injuries, and related incidents in the Tairāwhiti region.
- Increase preventative programmes and measures that keep our communities safe
- Building and promoting a culture where people of Tairāwhiti think safe and act safe
- Collaborating with other likeminded organisations and community groups to achieve a safe Tairāwhiti involving whanau, marae and hapu/community in programmes
- Activities that makes Tairāwhiti a safe place to live, work, and play.